Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:04
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Sep 18, 2010

Dear fellow prozians,

is it possible to use alternative, third-party spellcheckers (Duden Korrektor) in Trados Studio? If so, how?

Thanks in advance,
regards,
Erik

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
No way AFAIK Sep 18, 2010

Studio has an integrated spell-checker and no option to integrate something from a third-party.

Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's a pity. Sep 18, 2010

Thanks, Jerzy.

That's what I feared. I know Studio has a spellchecker, but it isn't very good (at least far inferior to the one I'm using).

Kind regards,
Erik

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
But it learns fast Sep 18, 2010

Indeed the Studio spell checker is a pain compaired to Word spell checker, especially for Polish, where the Word 2003 spell checker is nearly a genius.

Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
simplistic spellchecker in Studio Sep 18, 2010

Even if it learns fast, it probably won't acquire features like Duden Korrektor, which also checks for grammar (correct inflections), punctuation etc.

Seems that I will have to keep my routine of checking the final document in Word and apply the changes in the CAT software.

Regards,
Erik

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Currently only the integrated spellchecker is used .. Sep 18, 2010

... but as SDL publishes a SDK (Software Development Kit), anyone can develop an API to use a third-party spellchecker with Studio.

If you want to run a grammar check, the workaround currently is to do a preview of your document and then run the spelling/grammar check in Word. The drawback is that you will have to manually make the necessary corrections in Studio, but it at least allows you to run this check and if the volume of errors to correct is low, it is not really much additional effort.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to use third party spellchecker (Duden Korrektor) in Trados Studio

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search