Problems installing Trados SDL Studio 2009 (trial version)
Thread poster: Roberto Lipani

Roberto Lipani  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:36
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 19, 2010

Good afternoon,
I subscribed at proz.com in May 2010.
Today, I decided to download a trial version of trados, to improve my knowledge of the software (I occasionally used it in cooperation with my colleagues) and buy the Starter Edition after this trial period.
The problem I have during installation is linked with Net Framework 3.5: it simply stops and prompts an error message saying installation has been suspended. So, due to this issue, I can't complete the installation procedure for trados.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
.NET 3.5 should be installed Sep 19, 2010

The Studio 2009 installer requires the Microsoft .NET 3.5 framework to be installed. If it is not present on your PC, the installer should normally download it from the Internet and install it.

Did you answer the prompt of the Installer to do this? Do you have an Internet connection?

You may also need to reboot after .NET has been installed, after which the installation should proceed.

Walter

Roberto Lipani  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved :-) Sep 19, 2010

Hi Walter,
thanks for all your suggestion. I followed the instructions provided for download in the trados website. Actually, the problem was due to the fact that I had not deactivated my antivirus prior to install netframework 3.5.
It took me a little time to complete the procedure but I finally succeeded

Thanks very much again

Regards

Roberto

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems installing Trados SDL Studio 2009 (trial version)

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search