Thread poster: Veronica Lupascu

Veronica Lupascu  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:15
Dutch to Romanian
+ ...
Sep 20, 2010

Dear All,

I am having another issue with my SDLX. I have recently reinstalled the program, because it was moving too slow and Multiterm was totally nonfunctional. It worked fine until yesterday when I cleaned up my system with CCleaner. Now, when trying to create a translation file from a word document, I receive this error message:

The application has failed to start because TradosBasis.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem.

then

Failed to create translation file

I don't know why the program can not find the .dll file, because I searched for it and it is located in Multiterm folder on disk C.

I tried opening other word documents located in the same very folder and with some word documents SDLX gives the first error message twice, but it is able to create a functional translation file.

Moreover, every time I open a word document in word it opens a new document too, named "document 1, 2, 3 etc." and word crashes when trying to close the new document.

I am using Windows XP, SDLX Trados 2007 (and Multiterm 2007 as well), Microsoft Office 2007 (the documents for translation are .doc files, not .docx)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Veronica

[Edited at 2010-09-20 06:54 GMT]

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 17:15
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
NET Framework Version Sep 20, 2010

I only guess that it is from "NET Framework Version" conflict. My PC has the identical error. My PC can startup in 2 different hard drives and I install SDL Trados 2007 [both SDLX and Trados] to both drives with the same license file. No license conflicts. I see that the hard drive [Windows XP SP3] with the failure above has a different sequence of NET Framework Versions since I Installed Across (another CAT tool) to be functional. Another hard drive [Windows XP SP3] runs SDLX fully but Across fails! Your hard drive cleanup may have done something to those NET Framework files.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

he application has failed to start because TradosBasis.dll was not found

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search