How to make a Word Count from .ITD files? (Trados 2007))
Thread poster: Hey Loco

Hey Loco
Czech Republic
Local time: 01:59
Sep 20, 2010

Hello.

I am a translator and I received files for a translation of a website which are in .itd format.
I can open them in the "Tag Editor" and these files have already little pieces translated, so I guess the client doesn't want that I count the entire document, just some text blocks.

Any advice on how to make a word count from the .itd files?

I hope you can help.

Direct link Reply with quote

serge awono  Identity Verified
Cameroon
Local time: 00:59
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
Harvest the files as ttx Sep 20, 2010

I think you should convert the .itd files into ttx in order to proceed to the wordcount. Go to SDL EDIT and export them as Trados Tag Editor (ttx) files then proceed.

Hoe this help.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 06:59
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
SDLX Interface Sep 22, 2010

You have TagEditor on your PC. I guess you also have SDLX in an adjacent folder to use SDLX Interface. Here you open SDL Analyse and SDL Utilities to count words of *.itd files accurately [by reading respective log files] e.g. for translated, untranslated, locked, unlocked words. Beware that Trados and SDL word counts may not be identical [due to different segment rules etc.]

Soonthon Lupkitaro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make a Word Count from .ITD files? (Trados 2007))

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search