How to delete one of several target terms in MultiTerm 2009?
Thread poster: Erik Freitag

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:35
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Sep 21, 2010

Dear all,

I'm beginning to feel ridiculous for not being able to find out how to handle the most basic functions in Studio, but anyway ... please bear with me.

By accident, I've added multiple target terms to a source term entry in Studio. Now I can't for the life of me find out how to delete them, neither in Studio, nor in the MultiTerm Desktop application. I don't want to delete the whole termbase entry, but only some of the target terms. I can edit them no problem, but how can I delete them?

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
Erik

Roy OConnor (X)
German to English
In Termbase Viewer in Studio... Sep 21, 2010

... press F2 or click the left icon (Edit this entry). Then click the term in question and press Delete. Close the entry again with F12.

You have to first click in the Termbase Viewer to make it the active window, otherwise it is pretty straightforward.

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 21, 2010

Thanks, Roy!

I think my mind is getting blurred trying to find my way through this confusing peace of software. I was expecting some kind of context menu by clicking right. Also editing and deleting the contents of the entry didn't help. Seems I didn't think about this straightforward solution, sorry!

Thanks again,
kind regards,
Erik

[Bearbeitet am 2010-09-21 14:44 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to delete one of several target terms in MultiTerm 2009?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search