Thread poster: Paula González Fernández

Paula González Fernández  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 23, 2010

Hello everyone,
I'm translating a technical text with TagEditor 2007.
My TM is changing accented vowels into ?s. First I thought it was a problem with the TM from the client, but I have it exported and I've checked it and there, as a text document, it's fine.
And now I find that a unit that I have just translated myself a minute ago,
Ejemplo a continuación para FCV201-2.
appears again and it reads:
Ejemplo a continuaci? para FCV201-2.

I can also see it when I do Concordance, and TUs that I've just done, they appear changed and with the ?.

Does anybody know what's happening and how can I solve it?
Thanks so much in advance.
Paula

Direct link Reply with quote

Chunyi Chen
United States
Local time: 21:31
English to Chinese
One possible solution Sep 23, 2010

You may want to check out the following link. It seems to address the problem you have.

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2088&p=1

Chun-yi

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do you have the fonts used in the document installed on your system? Sep 23, 2010

I am translating a technical text...

What does this tell me? How shall someone even think about a solution on this problem if you even fail to give some basic information about what do you translate? I mean technical texts do in general tend to change diacritics because of their nature, or do I miss something here?

Paula González Fernández  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 23, 2010

Thank you very much both of you for your time. Chun-yi, that's exactly what was happening, thanks for the link. I had browsed through their resources, but hand't found it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My TM is changing accented vowels into ?s

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search