How to convert word file into TagEditor?
Thread poster: Zarin Jamal

Zarin Jamal
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:05
Member (2009)
English to Urdu
+ ...
Sep 24, 2010

I have a source file in English language containing 11 pages. The first 7 pages have been translated by a translator using MS Word. The next four (4) pages of same file have been translated using TagEditor. Is there any method (apart from WingAlign or copy and paste) using which I can put the initial 7 pages in the TagEditor file that I have translated. I shall appreciate help on this.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 22:05
French to German
+ ...
Reopen the source document and do a translate to fuzzy Sep 24, 2010

Assuming that you have all already translated segments in your TM, you can open the source document and do a translate to fuzzy. You may need to correct some non 100% matches due to small tag differences between Word and Tag Editor, but this should still be a quite fast process.

Obviously, if the translators of the two parts have used a different TM, you first need to merge them in order to have all segments in the TM.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to convert word file into TagEditor?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search