Studio 2009: populating translation files after TM corrections
Thread poster: Evangelion

Evangelion  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:09
Polish to English
+ ...
Sep 24, 2010

I have translated a set of files (part of the 20k I've been mentioning before). I consulted the TM that resulted from this with the client and my fellow translators and we have introduced certain changes to some TUs, deleted some, replaced some etc.

Now how can I introduce these changes to my translated files fairly quickly? I have a ready, corrected TM and the previously translated SXLIFF files. Can I do something to populate the translation files with the new, correct segments, replacing what was inserted before?

Hope I explained it clearly enough

EDIT:

An additional problem/question that popped up a moment ago.
I used the batch task "create target translations", it created a nice set of target format files, all is OK. But now the merged SXLIFF file is gone from my project in the target language. I can't seem to batch "copy to traget languages" from the source, can't do anything with the source merged file. The source merged file is there, at least in the files section, but I can't open it for translation. I tried other batch tasks (prepare), they finish without errors, but the file is still not available for translation and not even visible in the target language.

It's not an enormous problem, as I can fairly easily set up a new project and merge these files again. Perhaps there's just another way.

[Edited at 2010-09-24 14:36 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:09
English
Suggestion Sep 25, 2010

Evangelion wrote:

I have translated a set of files (part of the 20k I've been mentioning before). I consulted the TM that resulted from this with the client and my fellow translators and we have introduced certain changes to some TUs, deleted some, replaced some etc.

Now how can I introduce these changes to my translated files fairly quickly? I have a ready, corrected TM and the previously translated SXLIFF files. Can I do something to populate the translation files with the new, correct segments, replacing what was inserted before?


I think I would do one of the following;

  • Create a new Project with the amended TM and pretranslate the files
  • Open the sdlxliff, select all segments and clear the translations. Then run the pretranslate batch task.


I used the batch task "create target translations", it created a nice set of target format files, all is OK. But now the merged SXLIFF file is gone from my project in the target language. I can't seem to batch "copy to traget languages" from the source, can't do anything with the source merged file. The source merged file is there, at least in the files section, but I can't open it for translation. I tried other batch tasks (prepare), they finish without errors, but the file is still not available for translation and not even visible in the target language.


Select the file, right click and choose revert to sdlxliff.

Regards

Paul


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: populating translation files after TM corrections

Advanced search







WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search