Thread poster: Peoplesartist

Peoplesartist  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 07:01
Member (2007)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Sep 25, 2010

Friends, I am familiar with Trados 2007 but now I have purchased 2009 version. I want to make fresh TM and start the work with that. In 2007 we simply open Work bench and create new TM.
What is the procedure in 2009 SP2, please explain in simple way.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:31
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Same way Sep 25, 2010

You open Studio, go to Home screen or Translation Memory view and create a new TM from there.
The shortcut (default) is ALT+SHIFT+N

Peoplesartist  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 07:01
Member (2007)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Where to save TM and how Sep 25, 2010

Thanks. Now I can open TM but next... How I can open the document to be translated and clean that file with updating TM.
Please explain next few step...

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
training Sep 25, 2010

I suggest you get some basic training.

In the meantime, refer to the clear Quick Start pdf guides that come in the documentation folder of SDL (all programmes>sdl).
You can also watch videos on the SDL website, e.g., "how to open and save a translation."
http://www.translationzone.com/en/downloads/videos/translation-memory/default.asp

Good luck!

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
What do you expect from us? Sep 25, 2010

kamta prasad wrote:

Thanks. Now I can open TM but next... How I can open the document to be translated and clean that file with updating TM.
Please explain next few step...

Are you really serious about this?

I mean, this is like you would sit into a car, then take your mobile phone and call a friend to ask him how you should proceed to start the engine, to change gears, where is the clutch, how do I brake, what do I do when there is a turn in the road, etc.

Any piece of software requires that you learn the very basics of operation before you start using it. This applies not only to SDL Trados, but also to all other programs, be it PowerPoint, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.

We are here to help you in situations where your basic knowledge is not sufficient because you face a special situation or use an advanced function you are not yet familiar with, but not to explain to you step by step how you should start using the most basic functions of the program.

[Bearbeitet am 2010-09-25 20:43 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make fresh TM in Trados studio SP2

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search