clean up xls-document
Thread poster: Gretel Schoukens
I made a translation of an Excel-document in TagEditor (Trados 2007). Now the translation office is asking me to clean it up, but I have no idea how. The normal way ('clean up' under the Tools menu) doesn't work, I got a lot of error-messages from cells with mistakes, although there isn't a problem with missing tags. What should I do? Thank you for any help!!
| 3 questions that might be important (...or not:) || Sep 27, 2010 |
I have several questions.
1) Did you create the TTX file on your own or did you get it from them?
2) Are the names of the Excel and TTX files the same?
3) Do you have both the Excel file and the TTX file stored in the same folder?
| | Gretel Schoukens
Local time: 19:54
German to Dutch
| maybe it worked... || Sep 27, 2010 |
I'll answer on your questions...
1) No, I got it from the translation agency
2) Yes, totally the same
3) Yes, they are in the same folder.
In the maintime I found maybe a/the way: File - Save target as. Although I still got error messages, a document was saved (in the target language). I'm waiting now if the translation agency is satisfied with this, so maybe we even don't have to think about it anymore...
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »