Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:56
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Sep 27, 2010

Dear all,

When I set up a new project using a project template with two TMs (one of them having approx. 300.000 entries) and three termbases in order to translate a one page word doc file, the preparation batch task takes up to five minutes before it finishes fine. The first two tasks ("convert to SDLXIFF" and "create copies" - I'm not sure about the correct terms in English here) finish almost instantly, while the last three seem to finish almost at the same time after five minutes.

Is this behaviour normal?

I'm using Studio SP2 on a quite well maintained WinXP machine with 2,33GHz and 4GB ram.

Thanks for any advice.

Best regards,
Erik

Direct link Reply with quote

Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:56
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Just to say Sep 27, 2010

that I too have experienced a significant delay, more like two minutes.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio: Project preparation stage takes very long

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search