Studio "Failed to create Framework ..."
Thread poster: Susanne Rieg (X)
Susanne Rieg (X)
Susanne Rieg (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:22
English to German
+ ...
Sep 28, 2010

I am working in Studio on Indesign INX files that were prepared in Tag Editor in order to provide my client with TTX targets.
Every time I open one of these files and sometimes if I right-click in a segment in the Editor I get the message:

QuickInserts will not be available. Failed to create Framework 1 plug-in filter components.
Java class not found:
com/trados/filters/interfaces/CustomInfoProperties
[File type ID: TRADOS Indesign Filter 1.0.0.0]

... See more
I am working in Studio on Indesign INX files that were prepared in Tag Editor in order to provide my client with TTX targets.
Every time I open one of these files and sometimes if I right-click in a segment in the Editor I get the message:

QuickInserts will not be available. Failed to create Framework 1 plug-in filter components.
Java class not found:
com/trados/filters/interfaces/CustomInfoProperties
[File type ID: TRADOS Indesign Filter 1.0.0.0]

I can ignore the message (of course some QuickInserts are not available). The files are correctly exported to TTX and then to INX.

But how could I get rid of this error message?
BTW I already had this message in SP2, so it is not related to SP3.

Sanne
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
word filters Sep 28, 2010

I also had a problem with the quick insert not being available.
I got a different error message but it was also related to files that were converted to ttx. Like you, I had to click through the error message and later my files would save OK.

The problem was related to the Word 2007/Trados 2007 filters, not Studio in itself, which is why I only got the error when working with TTXs (not in SDXLIFFs)
SDL support helped me
... See more
I also had a problem with the quick insert not being available.
I got a different error message but it was also related to files that were converted to ttx. Like you, I had to click through the error message and later my files would save OK.

The problem was related to the Word 2007/Trados 2007 filters, not Studio in itself, which is why I only got the error when working with TTXs (not in SDXLIFFs)
SDL support helped me find the solution here:
http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2011&p=1

Maybe this will solve your problem too?

By the way, you should make sure that you are on the most recent build of Trados 2007 (build 863) because that is important for these file types too.

[Edited at 2010-09-28 08:30 GMT]
Collapse

Susanne Rieg (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Similar problem... Sep 28, 2010

Thank you Emma,

yes the problem seems to be related to yours, but this is to do with the Indesign Filter.

Probably something along the lines of:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1893&p=1

However, I have the latest Suite build and this hotfix. But I now notice that when I open the TRADOS Filter Settings, there is an error<
... See more
Thank you Emma,

yes the problem seems to be related to yours, but this is to do with the Indesign Filter.

Probably something along the lines of:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1893&p=1

However, I have the latest Suite build and this hotfix. But I now notice that when I open the TRADOS Filter Settings, there is an error

Error loading Indesing CS2-CS4 filter settings. The filter settings will be disabled.

(Indesing is how SDL spelled Indesign...)

So, something has broken my Indesing filter and copying the orginal files back from the hotfix did not help...

So, I repaired SDL Trados 2007 (863) in the Control Panel, which reistalled the old CS2-CS3 filters and everything is working again... except that I don't have the CS4 filter any longer...
Collapse

Susanne Rieg (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Should have checked KB properly Sep 28, 2010

... the solution was already there:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2679&p=1

reregistering SDL Trados 2007 solved the problem.

I kind of hoped the side-by-side issues would be fewer with SP3.... well

jccantrell
jccantrell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:22
Member (2005)
German to English
TRADOS KB actions did not help me Oct 26, 2010

Hi folks.

I followed the thread when I got the same error message. The last message sent me off to the KB and the article about reregistering.

Well, I followed the instructions, everything went well, but when I opened TRADOS Studio (with SP3) I get the exact same error message and it will still not save the target as an ".inx" file.

When I try to save the file, the popup appears (the one to show you your progress) and then nothing, it just sits there.
... See more
Hi folks.

I followed the thread when I got the same error message. The last message sent me off to the KB and the article about reregistering.

Well, I followed the instructions, everything went well, but when I opened TRADOS Studio (with SP3) I get the exact same error message and it will still not save the target as an ".inx" file.

When I try to save the file, the popup appears (the one to show you your progress) and then nothing, it just sits there.

Taskmanager shows that Studio is still running (i.e., it is not "Not Responding") and if I click on the "Cancel" button, the message changes to "Canceling ..." but that also goes no further. I finally have to kill the process.

So, I followed Emma's suggestion and installed the #3368 hotfix into Trados 2007. Now, when I try to save the '.inx" file from there, I get (instead of the "file too large ..." error) a message that says

"Resource (tag) with ID /paragraph pstyle="FLT-Fliesstext" cstyle="[No character style]" font="FrutigerNextLT" paln="e_ljst" ptfs="c+LightCn"/> has been duplicated at Control ID /'.

{There is some more to the message above, but I cannot get the characters right to show it all.}

and the process does not write the .inx file.

Ain't computers wonderful? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Yours,
cantrell

[Modifié le 2010-10-26 14:27 GMT]

[Modifié le 2010-10-26 14:28 GMT]

[Modifié le 2010-10-26 14:28 GMT]

[Modifié le 2010-10-26 14:30 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio "Failed to create Framework ..."

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »