Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:48
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 28, 2010

Dear all,

I need a tip from you. I'm having problems trying to get used to the way Trados 2009 handles the fuzzy matches in the translation results window. It was very easy for me, with Trados 2007, to spot where the differences where because of the colors it used, but now it seems that, in 2009, we have fewer options to set to make this contrast.

Do you have any tip for me? How could I view the differences at least similar to what I had with Trados 2007? I'm working on a huge project with many fuzzies, and it is difficult to spot the differences, that are, sometimes, minor.

Thanks a lot!

Heloisa

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:48
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Differences options Sep 28, 2010

Have you set your "differences options" and "differences formatting"?
Go to tools>options>editor>translation results window and set these options as you wish.
Hope this helps.

[Edited at 2010-09-28 15:38 GMT]

Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:48
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Emma Sep 28, 2010

I tried that, but apparently there is no way to use colors to highlight the differences. The only thing you can highlight is what was deleted and what was inserted (and use strikethrough, underline, etc). Trados 2007 had a different way of showing this. It actually highlighted in yellow and marked only the word that had changed. I found it simpler.icon_smile.gif

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Yes, the way of showing the differences has changed .. Sep 29, 2010

... Studio now uses the same scheme as does Word for the "Track Changes" function. I It also clearly shows the differences, it is just a question of getting used to the new method.

Walter

Tapsa
Local time: 19:48
English to Finnish
I miss color coding too Sep 29, 2010

I really miss this feature. For me it is so very much faster to spot differences/similarities with color coding (a quick glance is usually enough). Luckily there is color coding in concordance search window although it doesn't help in this situation.

Tapsa

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Vote for the idea to provide this feature again Sep 29, 2010

You are not the only one to prefer the old way of showing differences. I suggest you go to the website ideas.sdl.com and vote for that suggestion, it is there. By doing this, you will in crease the chances that SDL listens to us and reimplements the feature the way it was before (or ideally both ways).

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: how can I see the same color-scheme I had with Trados 2007

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search