How to utilize new TM in TagEditor (SDL Trados 2007)
Thread poster: Japamerican

Japamerican  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:39
Japanese to English
+ ...
Sep 29, 2010

Hello!

Thanks in advance.

I had created a new TM to translate a Word document via TagEditor.
But it does not allow me to start translating (the buttons are greyed out, and the short cuts do not work either).

If I try to use an existing TM (any existing), I am able to translate without a problem.
It is only when I create a new TM without importing, etc, it doesn't let me translate.

I am using Trados 2007.

Please give me some feedback.

Thanks!


 

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 05:39
French to German
+ ...
Did you open the new TM in Workbench? Sep 29, 2010

Tag Editor uses the TM that you have currently opened in Workbench.

Can you open that new TM in Workbench?

Check that this TM has the same language pair as the document you open for translation in TE.

Do you get a warning or error message when you open the document in TE? Waht does it say?

Walter


 

Japamerican  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:39
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Walter! Sep 29, 2010

Walter Blaser wrote:

Tag Editor uses the TM that you have currently opened in Workbench.

Can you open that new TM in Workbench?

Check that this TM has the same language pair as the document you open for translation in TE.

Do you get a warning or error message when you open the document in TE? Waht does it say?

Walter




Thanks Walter for your prompt response!

Yes, from Workbench I go to File > New, and had created the new TM making sure the Language pair is accurate (from JP to EN).
From there, I tried opening this newly created TM as well, but TE does not let me start translating.
If I try using an already existing, old TM, then it does let me start translating.

It is probably just how I had set up the new TM, but can't think of anything I did wrong.

Thanks!


 

Japamerican  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:39
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! Sep 29, 2010

Thanks Walter for your help!

I did try switching the target and source languages, and it worked!

It's strange because I was trying to translate from Japanese into English, so initially I selected for source language as Japanese, and target language as English.

When I switched them, it worked.

That is very strange, as the target language should be English.

Thanks!


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to utilize new TM in TagEditor (SDL Trados 2007)

Advanced search







Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search