Walter Blaser wrote:
You can change the segmentation to be done on a paragraph basis. You do this in the Language Resources. Click on Settings of your TM and then Language Resources, the Segmentation rules and check the radio button "Use paragraph-enabled segmentation".
Thanks. I knew paragraph segmentation would do it but I didn't know where to get it. Now I do:
1. Click Project Settings (somewhere near the middle of the screen)
2. Go to Language Pairs > [Your pair] > Translation Memory and Automated Translation
3. Click Setings
4. Go to [TM name] > Language Resources
5. Click Segmentation rules, and click Edit
6. Select Paragraph based segmentation, and click OK, OK, OK etc to back out of it.
And... do not forget to change it back before you do the next translation project with this TM!
Yes. It is interesting that one can't change to paragraph segmentation project-wide and leave the TMs' settings unchanged (so that you can use them across multiple projects, some of which use sentence and some of which use paragraph segmentation). Or can you?