Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:19
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Sep 30, 2010

G'day everyone

I have a TMX that was exported by Trados 2007. In the TMX, the entity & # x 9 1 ; is marked as a tag (i.e. it has BPTs on either side). My TTX file has this entity, also marked as a tag (i.e. in TagEditor it is displayed as a tag). However, when I import this TMX file into a blank TMW, and I go to a segment that contains the entity (as a tag), then the entity is not marked as a tag in the fuzzy match (even if it is a 100% match). If I understand correctly, this means that the entity was imported into the TMW as plain text and not as a tag.

The result of this is that Trados gives me a tag warning, and I have to either manually fix each segment by replacing the entity with the tag, or fix it afterwards by hacking the TTX file in Notepad. I have lots and lots and lots of such segments. I would like to find a way to make sure that the TMX is *correctly* imported so that the entity is a tag in the TMW. What must I do?

Thanks
Samuel

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:19
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados TXT seems safe, though Sep 30, 2010

Samuel Murray wrote:
I would like to find a way to make sure that the TMX is *correctly* imported so that the entity is a tag in the TMW. What must I do?

Here's what I eventually did (but I still look forward to your replies and thoughts): I exported the TMW to Trados TXT, and then opened that in Notepad and fixed it (by changing the entity into a tag whereever it wasn't a tag), and then importing that Trados TXT file into a blank TMW file. I tested the new TM by exporting it to Trados TXT again, and the entities were all tagged correctly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag in TMX gets detagged in TMW

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search