Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:29
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Sep 30, 2010

G'day everyone

I have a TMX that was exported by Trados 2007. In the TMX, the entity & # x 9 1 ; is marked as a tag (i.e. it has BPTs on either side). My TTX file has this entity, also marked as a tag (i.e. in TagEditor it is displayed as a tag). However, when I import this TMX file into a blank TMW, and I go to a segment that contains the entity (as a tag), then the entity is not marked as a tag in the fuzzy match (even if it is a 100% match). If I understand correctly, this means that the entity was imported into the TMW as plain text and not as a tag.

The result of this is that Trados gives me a tag warning, and I have to either manually fix each segment by replacing the entity with the tag, or fix it afterwards by hacking the TTX file in Notepad. I have lots and lots and lots of such segments. I would like to find a way to make sure that the TMX is *correctly* imported so that the entity is a tag in the TMW. What must I do?

Thanks
Samuel

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:29
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados TXT seems safe, though Sep 30, 2010

Samuel Murray wrote:
I would like to find a way to make sure that the TMX is *correctly* imported so that the entity is a tag in the TMW. What must I do?

Here's what I eventually did (but I still look forward to your replies and thoughts): I exported the TMW to Trados TXT, and then opened that in Notepad and fixed it (by changing the entity into a tag whereever it wasn't a tag), and then importing that Trados TXT file into a blank TMW file. I tested the new TM by exporting it to Trados TXT again, and the entities were all tagged correctly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag in TMX gets detagged in TMW

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search