Tags Don't Disappear
Thread poster: Oleksandr Matviychuk

Oleksandr Matviychuk
Ukraine
Local time: 06:15
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Sep 30, 2010

Today I saw that the Trados tags don't disappear in my Word document independent whether I activate or diactivate showing of paragraph symbols, interval symbols and so on... To make it clear, I am talking about these tags -

Direct link Reply with quote

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:15
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Hidden text Sep 30, 2010

Although the example of the tags doesn't display on this page, I suspect you are talking about the magenta tags like < } etc.? Is the source text also showing? If so, in Word go to Tools > Options > View. Under "Formatting characters" (or similar, I don't have the English version of Word), unselect "All" or try experimenting with the other options.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 10:15
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
My weird experience Oct 1, 2010

My Trados tags were converted into non-hidden texts after I copied and pasted at many paragraphs of my Word document during running of WorkBench [Trados 2007]. I happened to find that copy/paste in specific language pairs badly changed my Word formats (including Trados Tag attributes). This did not happened to my European language pairs e.g. EN>GE.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Oleksandr Matviychuk
Ukraine
Local time: 06:15
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Done! Oct 1, 2010

Adam Łobatiuk wrote:

Although the example of the tags doesn't display on this page, I suspect you are talking about the magenta tags like < } etc.? Is the source text also showing? If so, in Word go to Tools > Options > View. Under "Formatting characters" (or similar, I don't have the English version of Word), unselect "All" or try experimenting with the other options.

Thanks, it worked!

My Trados tags were converted into non-hidden texts after I copied and pasted at many paragraphs of my Word document during running of WorkBench [Trados 2007].

Possibly you copied and pasted some other invisible tags or symbols... In general, one should be very carefull when using Trados with all its tags, macros and algorythms...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tags Don't Disappear

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search