Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:12
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Oct 1, 2010

Dear all,

I'm using Studio SP2. In a recent forum thread, I have read that people are already installing SP3, which I'm unable to find anywhere on SDL's website. Is SP3 really available? If so, where?

Thanks,
Erik

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
You can find it in your customer account. Oct 1, 2010

You should find it in the "My downloads" area of your customer account. It may be however that it is not there yet, although the product is available.

The reason is that SDL does not yet distribute the desktop version of SP3 on a large scale in order to avoid users who connect to an MT or TM server to run into problems. They want to make sure that all server customers have installed SP3 before their external translators move to SP3 because you cannot connect to an SP2 server with an SP3 client anymore.

If you do not work for a client who requires you to connect online to a MT or TM server, you may ask SDL to put the SP3 installer into your customer account.

If you do work online, you better check with your client when he plans to upgrade his server to SP3.

Walter

Joel Pina Diaz  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 14:12
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
SP3 Oct 1, 2010

http://www.translationzone.com/en/shop/shop_upgrades.asp

Good luck.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
You don't have to buy SP3 ... Oct 1, 2010

This only applies if you have an older version; the upgrade to SP3 from any previous SDL Trados Studio 2009 is free!

Walter

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Upgrade to SP3 is free Oct 1, 2010

Joel's link to the upgrade refers to people who upgrade from Studio 2009 to Studio 2009 plus. I think the "plus" bit has always cost an extra 30€. The SP3 will be a free upgrade if you already have SP2.
It'll be out soon in the desktop version, but it isn't in the download section of your account quite yet.

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 1, 2010

Thanks, Emma and Walter, for confirming that the upgrade isn't supposed to show up in my account yet. Thanks to Walter also for explaining the reasons...

I'll wait, then.

Kind regards,
Erik

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Upgrade to arrive on October 6 Oct 2, 2010

On October 6, SP3 should be officially available to everyone. So much for my information from SDL.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio: SP3 available?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search