How to record the time elapsed when using TRADOS ?
Thread poster: Ali M. Alsaqqa

Ali M. Alsaqqa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:27
English to Arabic
Oct 3, 2010

Hello

It's simple, I want a mechanism to calculate the total time I spend opening TRADOS.

This means that, when TRADOS window is opened, a kind of "stop watch" is running.

When I minimize it and, say, open my email client or whatever, the stop watch stops.

When I reopen it again, it resumes counting.

This way I can know exactly how long does a project require from me.

Any ideas??

Direct link Reply with quote

Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:27
Italian to English
look at the times of the TUs Oct 3, 2010

Hello Ali
If there is no such application, you can do a workaround which I have used for many years, which is to look at the creation times of the TUs. Gaps generally indicate either breaks or occasionally lexis searches.
Of course it is not precise and to the minute, but neither would the stopwatch mechanism you are thinking of be, I imagine...

Anthony

Ali M. Alsaqqa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:27
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
I though... Oct 3, 2010

Ithough there may be some simple mechanis...

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Use a traditional clock counter Oct 3, 2010

I use a small clock on my desk to do this. It is much better because you also need to be able to stop it from counting whenever you are interrupted by a phone call, coffee break or ....

Walter

István Hirsch  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
Similar issue discussed here Oct 3, 2010

http://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/123308-can_anyone_recommend_free_accurate_and_safe_software_fo%20r_time_tracking.html

Noni Gilbert
Spain
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TimeStamp Oct 3, 2010

This is what I use, as recommended some time back by a fellow Prozian (can't remember who now but I am ever grateful!).

Not automatic, you have to remember to click on and off or pause, but does keep a record, which is one step better than the clock by your keyboard system!

http://www.syntap.com/products_timestamp.htm

HTH

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to record the time elapsed when using TRADOS ?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search