Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:10
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Oct 4, 2010

G'day everyone

Is there a way in Trados 2009 to sort the two columns alphabetically? I know that one usually wants to translate in context, but I have a case in which I want to sort certain strings that start in the same way together so that I can tackle them as a bunch. Alternatively, is there a way to filter out strings that do not conform to a search pattern (so that only matching strings are displayed)?

Alternatively, do you know of a free program in which I can open the SDLXLIFF file and sort it alphabetically?

Thanks
Samuel

Direct link Reply with quote

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Trial versions Oct 4, 2010

Samuel Murray wrote:

Alternatively, do you know of a free program in which I can open the SDLXLIFF file and sort it alphabetically?

DVX 30 days trial.
memoQ 45 days trial (not documented but it works).

Cheers
GG

memoQ Oct 4, 2010

Hi there Samuel.

As Grzegorz Gryc said, memoQ would let you handle the bilingual file the way you described, alphabetically!

Regarding the other matter, I have no suggestions, but would love to see what our colleagues have to recommend.

Cheers,

Raphael G Correia

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
memoQ4free Oct 4, 2010

Raphael Correia wrote:

As Grzegorz Gryc said, memoQ would let you handle the bilingual file the way you described, alphabetically!

Regarding the other matter, I have no suggestions, but would love to see what our colleagues have to recommend.

Aarggh, I missed one thing.
After 45 days trial, memoQ still works with limited functionnality i.e. memoQ4free.
You can't import/export TMs/termbases but you can still process documents (one document - one project AFAIR).

Cheers
GG

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Use the Display Filter of Studio Oct 4, 2010

Samuel

You can use the display filter to show only the segments you want.

It even handles regular expressions, which will allow you to display segments that do not match a given criterion.

Walter

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trials aren't free Oct 4, 2010

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:
DVX 30 days trial.
MemoQ 45 days trial (not documented but it works).

Thanks, but when I said "free" I really meant "small, easy, free, etc", i.e. not a completely new translation environment but simply something that can supplement by existing workflow without requiring me to bend over backwards further than I would have had anyway.

And, trial versions aren't free (you realise this when you try to install the trial version a second time, and you find that your first trial had already expired).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 sort alphabetically

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search