Thread poster: Elvina Tran

Elvina Tran  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:58
German to French
+ ...
Oct 5, 2010

Hello,

I upgraded to Trados Studio a while ago and everything was ok. Last week one of my clients sent me a project pack. I finished the first draft of the translation. I exported the doc file without any problem.

Yesterday my hard disk died on me. So I bought a new one and installed my programs again. TagEditor is working but not Trados Studio. I can't directly double click on a sdlxliff file, can't create a project, can't open a file for translation within a project. That means I can't continue on the translation I started last week.

I always get the following error Error creating object with name 'FilterManager' defined in 'file [C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Elvina\Eigene Dateien\SDL Trados Studio\Projects\Projekt 1\File Types\FilterFramework2Configuration.xml]' : Initialization of object failed : Cannot instantiate Type [Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.SpringFilterManager] using ctor [Void .ctor(System.String[])] : 'Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.'

My OS: XP
Java: 6.0.140
Trados: 9.1.1264.0 SP2

Any suggestion?

The matter is of course quite urgent. Thanks for your help.

[Edited at 2010-10-05 10:18 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Looks like your Filter Framework is damaged Oct 5, 2010

Please copy the content of the folder
C:\Program Files\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio1\File Types
to:
C:\Documents and settings\your_username\Documents\SDL Trados Studio\File Types
and try again

Elvina Tran  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 6, 2010

Yes, that was the solution. Thank you very much

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error creating object with name 'FilterManager'

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search