Trados studio 2009 : Error cannot open the file
Thread poster: xxxansticea
xxxansticea  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:59
English to French
+ ...
Oct 6, 2010

I downloaded the free 30 day trial last April and used it for a month. I carried out about 7 small projects with it, which were used for my masters and filed in different folders on my computer.
I now got a new licence through my university and wanted to start using it again but I cannot reopen my past projects. I cannot retrieve the work I did at the beginning of the week... I get the same Error message
The problem might arise form different location for my files in different folders. I have 3 different TRADOS links in a folder on my desktop, in my program menu and several Trados Studio 2009 all other the place, how can I tidy all of these without loosing my previous projects and start using the software?
Thanks for your help

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
What kind of error message do you get? Oct 6, 2010

Locate your projects on your HDD. Double click the sdlproj file you find in one of the projects subfolders. This should start Studio and open the corresponding project.

xxxansticea  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
File is not supported Oct 20, 2010

This is the error message I get...

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
What is the extension of the file you are trying to open? Oct 20, 2010

What kind of file you wanna open?
I am sorry, but I do not really understand what do you mean with all those different links and so on.
Where are your projects located? Can you try to double click the *.sdlproj file in a project folder?
What happens then?
Can you start Studio and use "Open project" command, navigate to the project folder and open a *.sdlproj file?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados studio 2009 : Error cannot open the file

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search