Thread poster: Hikmat Faraj
Hikmat Faraj  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:39
English to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 6, 2010

Hello,

I am working on a Excel file in Studio 2009. The file was already analyzed according to source. Now we need to analyze the target. Is there an option for that? I know a quick and easy way to do simple word count for target. But that would give me only total word count [Export target as --> Paste into MS Word --> Do word count].

Summary:
TM set up: Source=EN; Target=AR
Analysis reports only show data for source

Task at hand: to count target, and produce analysis percentages report for billing purposes.

Action so far: Browsed, searched Help Files, but no specific instructions or workarounds.

Possible workaround?

• Save target file
  • Open it as a new Trados document
  • Create a new TM with Source=AR and Target=EN -- Is it necessary? Or can the original TM be used?
  • Analyze file in Trados

My apologies if this topic has already been addressed. A link to the thread would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Hikmat

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 12:39
French to German
+ ...
What figures do you need? Oct 6, 2010

... for the target document besides a word count?

Which analysis figures do you need for the target in addition to the total word count? I mean, what do you want to analyse in the target that would be different from the source? The match rates and repetitions in the analysis report apply to the source, you are right, but they would not be different for the target as the target is just a translation of the source. Translating the source document does not change the number of fuzzy matches nor the repetitions, it only changes the length of the target text.

Am I missing something?

Walter

Hikmat Faraj  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:39
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think you just answered my question Oct 6, 2010

.. the purpose was to make a percentages of fuzzy matches etc. Now it is clear. Whether source or target, the percentages are the same. A source document of 10,000 words could be 15,000 words in target, but the percentages will not differ.

Thank you so much for such a clear and day to day language answer.

Hikmat Faraj

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Analysis statistics report in Studio 2009

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search