Problem creating bilingual file with Workbench in 2007
Thread poster: Philippe Morgan de Rivery

Philippe Morgan de Rivery  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:34
English to French
Oct 7, 2010

Dear fellow translators,

I use SDL Trados 2009 SP2, but as I was asked to deliver a bilingual file to my agency in addition to the clean file, I exported my TM in tmx format, then created a new TM in Workbench in Studio 2007, then imported the tmx and used it with Tools>Translate to translate the whole source file again and get a bilingual file. It is a list of questions and multi choice answers, however all the answers remained in English (untranslated) in the bilingual file, while the questions, footers etc. contained, quite correctly, the English version and the French translation between Trados tags. It is as if the answers got completely skipped in the process. I am wondering if this is due to the formatting of the answers which are a bit on the right contrary to the rest of the text (which is normal because it is a list of options, A, B, C, D...)

I would be grateful if anyone of you had any suggestion about this issue...

Thank you!

Philippe

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:34
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Formatting is most certainly the cuplrit here Oct 7, 2010

You used a TMX from Studio (tagged format) to pretranslate a Word file (WYSIWYG format).
In Word no tags are used, so what you need is now to go trhough the translation in Word and using Workbench translate the remaining untranslated items. They will be most certainly high-percentage fuzzy matches.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem creating bilingual file with Workbench in 2007

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search