Thread poster: Philippe Morgan de Rivery

Philippe Morgan de Rivery  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:53
Member (2009)
English to French
Oct 7, 2010

Dear fellow translators,

I use SDL Trados 2009 SP2, but as I was asked to deliver a bilingual file to my agency in addition to the clean file, I exported my TM in tmx format, then created a new TM in Workbench in Studio 2007, then imported the tmx and used it with Tools>Translate to translate the whole source file again and get a bilingual file. It is a list of questions and multi choice answers, however all the answers remained in English (untranslated) in the bilingual file, while the questions, footers etc. contained, quite correctly, the English version and the French translation between Trados tags. It is as if the answers got completely skipped in the process. I am wondering if this is due to the formatting of the answers which are a bit on the right contrary to the rest of the text (which is normal because it is a list of options, A, B, C, D...)

I would be grateful if anyone of you had any suggestion about this issue...

Thank you!

Philippe

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:53
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Formatting is most certainly the cuplrit here Oct 7, 2010

You used a TMX from Studio (tagged format) to pretranslate a Word file (WYSIWYG format).
In Word no tags are used, so what you need is now to go trhough the translation in Word and using Workbench translate the remaining untranslated items. They will be most certainly high-percentage fuzzy matches.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem creating bilingual file with Workbench in 2007

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search