Closing the file in SDLX
Thread poster: EL Cavanaugh

EL Cavanaugh
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
Oct 8, 2010

Hi, I use SDLX quite rarely and now I using it after a long brake - and it takes to refresh the shortcuts etc. Could someone point me out where to close the file without closing the whole application? I do not finc the simple close command, and when I have several files open, it is frustrating having to close all of them when I want to close just one....

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 21:14
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Warning before closing. Oct 8, 2010

In SDL Edit, you can close many files under translation with warning message"save changes or not." You may not close selectively for one or some files. Then you close all. For TM or TermBase, you can open/close manually one by one.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:14
English
Just open your next file Oct 8, 2010

Hi Eija,

SDL Edit has a "one in, one out" approach. So if you want to close to open a new file just open the new one and the old will close automatically.

Regards

Paul

EL Cavanaugh
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
thanks a lot - can I ask something else? Oct 9, 2010

” I would like to make analysis of the original files. The assignment, around 5000 new words. I am not supposed to touch 100 % matches which there are almost triple. So I am supposed have the huge TM - and it is huge but for some reason hardly anything comes up with the concordance search, not even the words that are colour coded 100 % matches’ and which has the translation.

So I feel like I doing the triple work but translating again the 100 % matches.

Is it possible that the TM I have has not been updated with the files I have - ? Is there way to make similar analysis as in Trados where I could use the TM and the files exactly the way I received them and check if the analysis really are what I was presented. I normally check that with Trados files always but SDLX is newer, I did not do it.”

[Edited at 2010-10-09 01:04 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Closing the file in SDLX

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search