TFaulkner  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:43
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 8, 2010

Dear All,

I have been trying to add a TM to a project with no success. At first it seemed that the problem was due to the version of Trados I was using (2009), but as I tried to use SDL 2007 I still faced the same issues and continued to get the same "FAILED TO OPEN THE SELECTED TM (error code 2147467254)" message.

I have contacted the PM and he checked the file, but he is able to see it with no issues.

Any ideas before I have to quit the project?

Thank you in advance!

Tais

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:43
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you upgrade the TM in Studio 2009? Oct 8, 2010

You can't open the TM from SDLX directly in Studio, but need to upgrade it first (Tools - Upgrade translation memory).
Or open it in SDLX (not SDL Trados or something else) and export to TMX, then create a new TM in Studio and import the content there.

United States
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Jerzy Oct 8, 2010

Thank you for your response.

Studio 2009 would not let me upgrade the TM, showing me the same "failed to open(...)error" . Also, I do not have SDLX - I was told I should have it, but it is nowhere to be found in my computer.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:43
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
So you know the reason Oct 8, 2010

You need to install SDLX.
When you install SDL Trados 2007 Suite, SDLX will be installed with it.
If you cant find SDLX; install SDL Trados 2007 Suite again - you do not need to uninstall or change anything, just use the installer and install again.

United States
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Oct 8, 2010

Jerzy,

I was able to install SDL 2007 again and open the TM. I really appreciated your help, thank you very, very much!

Warm regards,

Tais

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to open TM - mdb file corrupted?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search