tfaulkner  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:04
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 8, 2010

Dear All,

I have been trying to add a TM to a project with no success. At first it seemed that the problem was due to the version of Trados I was using (2009), but as I tried to use SDL 2007 I still faced the same issues and continued to get the same "FAILED TO OPEN THE SELECTED TM (error code 2147467254)" message.

I have contacted the PM and he checked the file, but he is able to see it with no issues.

Any ideas before I have to quit the project?

Thank you in advance!

Tais

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:04
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you upgrade the TM in Studio 2009? Oct 8, 2010

You can't open the TM from SDLX directly in Studio, but need to upgrade it first (Tools - Upgrade translation memory).
Or open it in SDLX (not SDL Trados or something else) and export to TMX, then create a new TM in Studio and import the content there.

United States
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Jerzy Oct 8, 2010

Thank you for your response.

Studio 2009 would not let me upgrade the TM, showing me the same "failed to open(...)error" . Also, I do not have SDLX - I was told I should have it, but it is nowhere to be found in my computer.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:04
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
So you know the reason Oct 8, 2010

You need to install SDLX.
When you install SDL Trados 2007 Suite, SDLX will be installed with it.
If you cant find SDLX; install SDL Trados 2007 Suite again - you do not need to uninstall or change anything, just use the installer and install again.

United States
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Oct 8, 2010

Jerzy,

I was able to install SDL 2007 again and open the TM. I really appreciated your help, thank you very, very much!

Warm regards,

Tais

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to open TM - mdb file corrupted?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search