Studio 2009 SP3 - Serious problem with Indesign CS5
Thread poster: Tapsa
Tapsa
Local time: 19:52
English to Finnish
Oct 8, 2010

After installing SP3 I can't create target from existing projects with Indesign CS5 files, nor can I add them to projects. More detailed thing in the end of this message.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Studio (and deleting previous installation folders) to no avail.

I have Finnish Windows Vista Home Premium with latest patches.

Maybe this has something to do (I guess) with the problem discussed in forum thread (http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/178184-studio_2009_failed_to_create_java_virtual_machine.html) but the error message is this time different (if I recall) - the result is the same and much more.

Here are the "symptoms"

In converting to translatable format, the process stops (with red x) in about 20 percent phase in every Indesign exported file I try (Indesign CS5 idml).

When trying to save target from previous Studio projcects (Indesign idml), it gives error message (propably the same that in my link, don't have time to repeat it).

Even if I try to click Adobe Indesign... in Project settings - File types dialog, I get (at first) an error message "Error thrown by dependecy of object..." (very long message). After that, it can be clicked successfully.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:52
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Looks like your Filter Framework hast got damaged Oct 9, 2010

Could you please locate the folder C:\Users\your_username\Documents\SDL Trados Studio\File Types and move the content of it to a subfolder, ie "backup file types".
Then locate C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio1\File Types and copy the content of that folder to the previous one.
Try now to create new translation with IDML files.

Tapsa
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
Replacing file types did not help Oct 9, 2010

but thank you for trying, Jerzy

The error message (rather long) I receive is in the bottom of this message (I replaced my identification information with XXX and opening and closing in characters in tags with -). It is partly in Finnish.

-SDLErrorDetails time="9.10.2010 22:41:16"-
-ErrorMessage-Kutsun kohde on aiheuttanut poikkeuksen.-/ErrorMessage-
-Exception-
-Type-System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089-/Type-
-HelpLink /-
-Source-Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Idml-/Source-
-StackTrace--![CDATA[ kohteessa Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Idml.Common.IDMLException..ctor(Exception ex)
kohteessa Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Idml.FileFormat.DocumentControllerFramework.CTransformHelper.Transform(String filePath, String xsltPath, CDataProcessor urnObject, Boolean overrideSource)
kohteessa Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Idml.FileFormat.DocumentControllerFramework.CSpreadProcessor.CollectPageItems()
kohteessa Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Idml.FrameworkImpl.Extractor.CBuildOutputVisitor.EnumerateSpread(ArrayList spreads, String spreadType)
kohteessa Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Idml.FrameworkImpl.Extractor.CBuildOutputVisitor.VisitDocument(IVisitable document)
kohteessa Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Idml.FrameworkImpl.Extractor.CParserImpl.BuildAndDisplayOutput()
kohteessa Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Idml.FrameworkImpl.Extractor.CParserImpl.Parse()
kohteessa Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Idml.FrameworkImpl.Extractor.CFileParser.DoForward()
kohteessa Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Idml.FrameworkImpl.Extractor.CFileParser.DuringParsing()
kohteessa Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.NativeApi.AbstractNativeFileParser.ParseNext()
kohteessa Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ParseNext()
kohteessa Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.ParseNext()
kohteessa Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.Parse()
kohteessa Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.Conversion.ConversionTask.ProcessFile(IExecutingTaskFile executingTaskFile)
kohteessa Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.AbstractFileLevelAutomaticTaskImplementation.Execute()]]--/StackTrace-
-InnerException-
-Type-System.FormatException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089-/Type-
-HelpLink /-
-Source-mscorlib-/Source-
-StackTrace--![CDATA[ kohteessa System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
kohteessa System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
kohteessa Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Idml.FileFormat.Datacontainers.APageItemContainer.GetXYCordindate(String itemMatrix)
kohteessa Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Idml.FileFormat.Datacontainers.APageItemContainer.set_ItemTransform(String value)]]--/StackTrace-
-/InnerException-
-/Exception-
-Environment-
-ProductName-SDL Trados Studio-/ProductName-
-ProductVersion-9.1.0.0-/ProductVersion-
-EntryAssemblyFileVersion-9.1.2229.0-/EntryAssemblyFileVersion-
-OperatingSystem-Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium -/OperatingSystem-
-ServicePack-Service Pack 2-/ServicePack-
-OperatingSystemLanguage-1035-/OperatingSystemLanguage-
-CodePage-1252-/CodePage-
-LoggedOnUser-XXX\XXX-/LoggedOnUser-
-DotNetFrameWork-2.0.50727.4206-/DotNetFrameWork-
-ComputerName-XXX-/ComputerName-
-ConnectedToNetwork-True-/ConnectedToNetwork-
-PhysicalMemory-2095640 MB-/PhysicalMemory-
-/Environment-
-/SDLErrorDetails-

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Thank you for posting the error message Oct 9, 2010

Could you please check the version of your .NET installation in Control Panel?

Tapsa
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
My .NET configuration Oct 9, 2010

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

According to Control Panel, I have:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
and
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1:n kielitukipaketti

Tapsa
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
Other errors relating to IDML Oct 10, 2010

1. If I click "Adobe InDesign CS4-CS5 IDML" in project settings (Options/File types) I get an error message (at the bottom of this message). After this, it can be clicked but there are no subpages, only "main" page.

2. If I do the same in an older project, there are subpages, but clicking "Font mapping" subpage creates error "Failed to create setting page".

3. And if I select Tools/Options, I get similar error message than in step 1 (but the Options window does not open).

4. Sometimes (don't know the logic) I get similar error, if I try to edit a project template via File/Setup/Project Templates.

The error message (very long) in step 1 starts with

Error thrown by a dependency of object 'FilterDefinitionAdministratorUI' defined in 'object XML' : Initialization of object failed : Cannot instantiate Type [Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.AdministrationUI.FontMappingPage] using ctor [Void .ctor()] : 'Kutsun kohde on aiheuttanut poikkeuksen.'
while resolving 'SettingsPageReferences[3]' to '(inner object)' defined in 'object XML'

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Installation is definitely corrupt Oct 10, 2010

Hi Tapsa,

Jerzy was on the right path I think. You should first ensure you followed his instructions thoroughly so try the following.

First delete the following files in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\9.1.0.0\.

BaseSettings.xml
plugincache.xml
UserSettings.xml

Then delate all the filetypes (apart from any custom filetypes you made) in this folder. Make sure you also delete FilterFramework2Configuration.xml

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\SDL Trados Studio\File Types\

Copy all the files including FilterFramework2Configuration.xml from here (I've assumed you have 64-bit but if not ignore the (x86) bits);

C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio1\File Types\

To here

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\SDL Trados Studio\File Types\

Now start Studio again and see if this helps. If it doesn't I think we need to do a clean install and I can arrange this for you on Monday.

Regards

Paul

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Thank you for this information Oct 10, 2010

Tapsa wrote:

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

According to Control Panel, I have:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
and
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1:n kielitukipaketti

Well, now I am on a very thin ice here, because I am not at all experienced in diagnostics so far, but your error message says:
DotNetFrameWork-2.0.50727.4206-/DotNetFrameWork

No word about .NET 3.51...

Please follow Pauls instructions and try again. If that does not help I really suppose something wrong with the .NET environment.

Tapsa
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
.NET 2.0 not in Control Panel but in system directory yes Oct 10, 2010

Jerzy,

Although I do not have .NET 2.0 listed in Contol Panel, I however have the following versions (subfolders) in Windows/Microsoft.NET/Frameworks folder:

v1.0.3705
v1.1.4322
v2.0.50727
v3.0

and

v3.5

The last modification dates for these subfolders are dated a year or few years ago, except for v.1.1 and v2.0, which are dated yesterday (2010-10-9).

Also, in v2.0's subfolder "config", there is a file named "machine.config" which has a file type of "SDL TRADOS Tageditor Comments" (dated in year 2008).

Tapsa
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Paul for joining to help, but... Oct 10, 2010

your solution did not help. I'm waiting for tomorrow, thank you very much.

By the way, I have 32-bit Windows Vista.

And the error message which I get when I try to save target in existing idml-projects starts like this:

Failed to save target content: Error thrown by a dependency of object 'Generator' defined in 'transformed file [C:\Program Files\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio1\File Types\Idml.sdlfiletype]' : Initialization of object failed : Cannot instantiate Type [Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Idml.FrameworkImpl.Generator.CFileWriter] using ctor [Void .ctor()] : 'Kutsun kohde on aiheuttanut poikkeuksen.'

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
One more thing Oct 10, 2010

Hi Tapsa,

Can I see the file you are trying to open? You can mail it me, pfilkin@sdl.com, or I can give you an ftp if it is too large. Mail me anyway so I have your details for the support session.

Regards

Paul

Tapsa
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
Beta fix solves the problem if you change regional settings to English Oct 16, 2010

After the beta fix

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3387&p=1

everything else seems to work (Word, Framemaker etc.), but I can add Indesign IDML files to projects only, if I change regional settings (in Control Panel) to English. Changing the settings in the first tab that affects number, money, date and time formatting is enough.

At least this is a workaround. I hope it helps in other opertaing system languages too (other than Finnish).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 SP3 - Serious problem with Indesign CS5

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search