Trados Studio not opening
Thread poster: Robin Salmon
Robin Salmon  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 06:48
German to English
+ ...
Oct 11, 2010

I purchased the Trados Studio 2009 upgrade today. I had a copy of SDL Trados 2007 but I have had my hard disk reformatted and so nothing was on this new disk. I kept TMs files on my backup hard disk.

I seem to have successfully returned the licence for SDL Trados 2007 and activated the licence for Studio. When I try to open Studio, I am asked to activate the licence (which I already have). I do so, apparently successfully, but then I get the message, "You should have a valid license to run Trados Studio 2009".

I have installed the copy of SDL Trados 2007 included in the package, imported a TM from my backup hard disk and it is working, so at least I can operate. I would really like to be able to use Studio, as at the moment I only have the services I had previous to paying for the upgrade.

Any help more than welcome

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 21:48
English to Czech
+ ...
Activation Oct 11, 2010

Hello Robin,
are you sure you have activated both T2007 and Studio? There are two different activation codes for them.
If you have and still cannot run Studio, I suggest that you log a support case, as you are elligible for free support on licensing issues.

Australia
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Studio Licensing Issue Resolved Oct 12, 2010

Thanks, Stanislav, I get negative when dealing with SDL and did not notice the option for help with licensing. I received a response within an hour. It was just a case of pasting the activation code for Studio 2009 into the License Manager and activating it. I then realised I had been pasting in the one for Trados 2007 Suite!

Thanks again!

flipy06
Same problem Oct 20, 2010

Robin Salmon wrote:

Thanks, Stanislav, I get negative when dealing with SDL and did not notice the option for help with licensing. I received a response within an hour. It was just a case of pasting the activation code for Studio 2009 into the License Manager and activating it. I then realised I had been pasting in the one for Trados 2007 Suite!

Thanks again!

Hi Robin,

I have exactly the same problem with trados. Could you please explain how did you manage it?
Thanks

Australia
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Detailed explanation Oct 20, 2010

The anonymous member of the SDL Support team (they're not hot on transparency) explained it clearly. I'll send you the text of the e-mail.

prasadms3v
Local time: 02:18
Trados studio is not opening. Oct 28, 2010

Recently I am purchaged the SDL trados studio 2009.
I generated my license file. I used for 10days.
Now I try to open the trados, I got the following error.
"You should get a valid license to run SDL trados 2009".

Please help me how to proceed further.

Thanks IN advance.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Which version did you purchase? Oct 28, 2010

You only need to generate a license file for node-locked or floating licenses. If you purchased a Freelance or Professional version with activation code, you do not need to generate a license, but instead to enter once an activation code to activate the software online.

Check what you have bought under "My licences" in your Customer Account.

If you give us more details, we shall be able to help you solve the problem.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio not opening

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search