Trados and Multiterm 2007 - term verification not working
Thread poster: AntDunn

AntDunn
Local time: 13:07
German to English
Oct 11, 2010

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded from Trados 2006 to Trados 2007 (Version 8.3.0.863) and I'm using Multiterm 2007 (7.5.0.444).

My problem is that each time I try to run a term verification, the error message "Type mismatch" appears and no errors are found (even when I purposely add errors as an experiment). This is the case when attempting to do a term verification using both remote and local termbases. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Multiterm, but this hasn't fixed the problem.

The term recognition function in Workbench continues to run as normal.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what may be causing this?

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 14:07
French to German
+ ...
At what stage do you get this error message? Oct 12, 2010

You did not specify where this happens.

Do you run the terminology verification in Tag Editor? Have you managed to enable the "Terminology Verifier" without error message? Does the error come up afterwards?

Please provide more details.

Walter

AntDunn
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Error message occurs when starting term verification check Oct 12, 2010

The error mesage occurs either when starting the term verification check in TagEditor, or when accessing the plugin properties in order to select the appropriate termbase.

I forgot to mention that I've also tried reorganising the termbases, but this also hasn't worked.

Anthony

AntDunn
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed it Oct 19, 2010

I've managed to fix the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling all the software, plus resetting all
settings to default.

Fingers crossed, all now appears to be well...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados and Multiterm 2007 - term verification not working

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search