SP3, CS5: Cannot open .idml file
Thread poster: ttmk
Oct 11, 2010

Hi,

First time to use Studio SP3. I just translated an InDesign file, ran verification (no errors), and saved target as .idml. When I tried to open the .idml file, InDesign barked: "Cannot open file [path]. Mismatched tag."

Anyone know how to troubleshoot this?

Many thanks in advance.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 10:51
French to German
+ ...
Seems to be an incompatible IDML file Oct 12, 2010

We faced the exact same error with one ID CS5 file as well and were not able to find a solution.

We reported this to SDL, who acknowledged the problem and is now working on a solution.

It seems as some IDML files are not properly converted by the new IDML filter. Fortunately, this is not the case for all IDML documents, but when it happens, you are really stuck.

Walter

ttmk
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Walter. SDL, looking forward to a fix. Oct 13, 2010

Thanks for your reply, I hope they find a solution soon.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SP3, CS5: Cannot open .idml file

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search