Thread poster: Paul Malone

Paul Malone  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:50
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Oct 11, 2010

I'm using SDL Trados Studio SP3 9.1.229.0 to translate from French and German into English.

This version of the software does not appear to be localizing the numbers correctly for English. For example, the number "1.000,00" in French should be "1,000.00" in English. In previous versions of the software, the numbers would be correctly localized into English, but this is no longer the case in SP3 unless I'm mistaken.

Moreover, even when I correct a particular number, the correction is not being "auto-propagated" and the incorrect localization version continues to occur throughout the file. This is very frustrating and time consuming to put right.

I would be interested to know whether anyone else is having this problem and whether anyone knows of a solution?

Thanks in advance for any help or information.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:50
English
Need more information than this Oct 12, 2010

Hi Paul,

Can you share a screenshot of an affected segment, provide details of your language pairs (including sub-language) and also confirm that you have set AutoSubstitution for Numbers against the appropriate language pair?

Regards

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Number localization incorrect when translating into English with Studio SP3

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search