Need TRADOS to Edit/Rewrite/Proofread?
Thread poster: Editor James

Editor James  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:34
English
Oct 11, 2010

I have been denied access to jobs I would like to bid on because the employer specified that the editor/proofreader/rewriter be familiar with and use TRADOS software. Forgive me, but until I saw this requirement on the ProZ job site, I had never heard of TRADOS. I wrote to TRADOS and asked how their software might benefit me as an ESL text rewriter and which software I should order, but I received no reply. So I am writing this in hopes that someone will explain. Thank you.

[Edited at 2010-10-12 00:18 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 17:34
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Translated texts in Trados formats Oct 12, 2010

Many translators do translation in Trados format e.g. *.TTX, *.SDLXLIFF, *.ITD, *.DOC (with Trados Tags), *.TMX, *.TXT. As an ESL, you may not be familiar with Trados. Why not read Trados PDF help files and references on how Trados works with editing, proofreading or reviewing. If you do no "translation" but only "editing/proofreading," you need not essentially buy Trados software packages. Trados format (tagged) files (if you obtain from customers) can be edited in many generic/freeware formats (but not very conveniently): you can seek knowledge in this Proz Forum.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need TRADOS to Edit/Rewrite/Proofread?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search