TRADOS 2009, how come changes in XHTML type destroy the definition?
Thread poster: KelvinCheng
KelvinCheng
Local time: 05:47
Oct 12, 2010

Hi,

{p}The area moments report for a constant {font style="font-style: italic;"}z{/font} plane with corners at 0,0,0 and 6,10,0 is shown below.{/p}

(Please replace "{" and "}" with tag symbols.)

I have html code like the above in my html files, the default "XHTML 1.1" file type definition splits this single sentence into 3 sentences, like:

1) The area moments report for a constant
2) z
3) plane with corners at 0,0,0 and 6,10,0 is shown below.

So I would like to add a parser rule that makes {font} an inline tag. After doing this, I got errors for all my html files when TRANDOS was converting the files to translatbale format. Removing the parser rule I've added doesn't make it work. The "XHTML 1.1" type definition is totally destroyed. I have to replace it with the original XHTML.sdlfiletype.

Can you help?

Thanks,
-Kelvin

[Edited at 2010-10-12 11:00 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:47
English
Replacing the filetypes Oct 12, 2010

Hi Kelvin,

To reset all your filetypes to their original state do the following.

1. Close Studio

2. Delete all the filetypes (apart from any custom filetypes you made) in this folder. Make sure you also delete FilterFramework2Configuration.xml

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\SDL Trados Studio\File Types\

3. Copy all the files including FilterFramework2Configuration.xml from here;

C:\Program Files\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio1\File Types\

To here

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\SDL Trados Studio\File Types\

4. Now start Studio again and you should be back onto default filetypes.

You could also just copy over the XHTML.sdlfiletype from the same locations and see if that works for your single file.

When you do this again why not copy the filetype first and then play with that one? You can do this in the application for any filetype by going to Tools-Options-FileTypes and then select the one you wish to copy from the right hand pane. Then click on Copy.

Regards

Paul

KelvinCheng
Local time: 05:47
TOPIC STARTER
Works now, thanks. Oct 13, 2010

Hi Paul,

It works. Looks like the XHTML.sdlfiletype stayed in my "E:\Documents\SDL Trados Studio\File Types" was an old version, XHTML 1.1 v 1.1.0.0 that is not compatible with SP3.

The one in "C:\Program Files\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio1\File Types\" is XHTML 1.1 v 1.2.0.0.

Thanks,
-Kelvin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS 2009, how come changes in XHTML type destroy the definition?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search