Thread poster: Aleksandar Ristić

Aleksandar Ristić
Switzerland
Local time: 18:33
English to Serbian
+ ...
Oct 12, 2010

Dear all,

I have translated a document in the Trados 2009 Studio version Tag Editor. My outsourcer has asked me to deliver an "uncleaned" file (.rtf format.) How can I do that? If it's not feasible, can I at least form a complete TM from the Tag Editor instead of a partial?

Your answers are highly appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
format mix-up Oct 12, 2010

A couple of clarifications:
- Studio 2009 creates .SDLXLIFF bilingual files
- Trados 2007 creates bilingual .doc files when used within Word and .ttx files when used with Tag Editor
- You can export a TM from Studio in .tmx format that can be opened in 2007. It will be "complete" and not "partial" if you do not filter anything during the export.

The subject of bilingual files has been addressed many times on this forum.
You could start by looking here:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/178915-by_using_trados_2009_how_do_you_produce_uncleaned_bilingual_doc_file.html

Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
how to export a tm in Studio Oct 12, 2010

Hi Aleksandar,
Rather than answering your PM I thought I would continue on the forum, so that others can contribute their ideas too...

I understand that you are using Studio, not Tag Editor. You can indeed create a TM in tmx format in Studio. Open your TM in the Translation Memory, go to Export and export as tmx.

By the way, you should have Trados 2007 if you are using Studio 2009. It comes bundled with Studio when you buy it, and needs to be downloaded and activated separately. When you have installed it, another workaround in the future would be to create ttx file in Workbench (i.e. Trados 2007) and then open that in Studio, translate it and save it as a ttx, and then deliver your client the bilingual ttx file.

HTH

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
On creating TTX files Oct 12, 2010

Hi Emma,

Slightly off topic I know. We have released a small tool through the OpenExchange called the SDL TTX It which allows you to create TTX files one at a time, or folders full at a time, by simply dragging the files into a window and pressing a button. You can get this application free of charge here;

http://tinyurl.com/OpenExchange

I think this makes the process a little easier if you have to work with this workflow.

Regards

Paul

Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
TTX IT Oct 12, 2010

@ Paul
Yes, TTX IT is a brilliant little app, which I mentioned here this morning: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/182395-studio_sp3_no_open_termbase.html#1602526
It's a great time saver

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unclean file to be made from Trados 2009 Studio Tag Editor translation

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search