Studio 2009 error MIF file - Urgent
Thread poster: BobbyD

BobbyD
Local time: 11:39
Oct 12, 2010

Studio 2009 error MIF file - Urgent 09:13

Hi
I am seeing the following error when opening a FrameMaker9 mif in Trados Studio 2009:

"Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name:index."

I have seen this on other posts but relating to other files after translation but this is before any translation as I can't open the file.

Thanks

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:39
English
Can we see your file? Oct 12, 2010

Hi Bobby,

If you can send your file to us, pfilkin@sdl.com, then we can take a look at it for you.

Regards

Paul

BobbyD
TOPIC STARTER
File has now been sent. Oct 13, 2010

Hi Paul

This file has now been sent to your email address.

Many Thanks
Bobby

BobbyD
TOPIC STARTER
Further Support Needed Please from SDL Oct 15, 2010

Hi Paul

You raised a support case on my behalf and I recived the following response:

"I think there was an underlying issue with the file. I opened in Framemaker 8 (not as structured) and resaved the MIF and it opens ok in Editor. Both Paul and I have tested. I have attached the file.

I hope this helps and I will now close this case.

regards,
Mick"

I replied to this email and added your email the following but have yet to receive a response:

"Hi Mick and Paul

Thank you for your response but this is a step that we already tried here. Unfortuately, this particular customer uses a structured FrameMaker 9 MIF.
Could you please keep this case open to find a way of opening this file in Trados Studio 2009?"

Could you keep this support case open and offer another solution please?

Regards
Bobby

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:39
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
On the subject of SDL support Oct 20, 2010

In general, please note that SDL support is free for installation and licensing issues. For everything else a support contract is required. Once a support contract is obtained, there is then an official system to be used, which includes guidelines on the times within which the problem will normally be addressed. In addition, there is the possibility of escalating the support case through the official channels.

Correspondence with SDL should not be posted in the forum.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 error MIF file - Urgent

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search