Error message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation when trying to open idml
Thread poster: Sonia Gouin

Sonia Gouin  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:26
English to French
Oct 12, 2010

I own SDL Trados Studio 2009 and I just installed the brand new SP3. Converted my clients cs4 file in idml format and tried to open in Studio. I get the following message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. I read other posts about this happening with other types of files. However, since I've just installed sp3, I did not think this would be an issue. My PC operates on Vista btw. Thank you for any help.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:26
English
Can we see your file? Oct 12, 2010

Hi Sonia,

If you can send me your file we'd be happy to look at it for you? You can send it to me at pfilkin@sdl.com or I can give you an ftp if it's too large for email.

Regards

Paul

Sonia Gouin  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:26
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Error due to Windows Language Settings Oct 25, 2010

After a few email exchanges, it turns out that the problem was due to my Windows Regional Settings. My Windows was set as Canada (French). For some reason, this conflicts with the SDL Trados 2009 SP3 idml application. SDL is working on a fix. As a workaround, I have switched my settings to English (US).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation when trying to open idml

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search