How to double check the word count in SDL Edit?
Thread poster: Claudia43
Claudia43
Local time: 16:55
Oct 12, 2010

Hi there,

I have currently a problem with an agency I'm working for. They required me to do a job in SDL Edit. As the deadline is tight I have already started to work on the project and I've finished about half of it. Today, I have finally received the PO and nearly fell of my chair. The Word count for the new words and repetitions just can't be right. My question now, how can I double check the word count in SDL Edit? I know that I can check the progress under view - statistics, but this doesn't give me the complete analytics.
Does anybody know how I can check the word count for the fuzzy matches, repetitions and 100% matches myself?

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 15:55
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
SDL Analyze Oct 13, 2010

SDLX has three methods to count words: 1) SDL Edit -View -Statistics 2) SDL Analyze (in SDLX interface menu) and 3) SDL Utilities. Open tabs of the programs in 2) and 3) to set how to count words.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Claudia43
Local time: 16:55
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, but.. Oct 13, 2010

..I am only working with the SDL Lite version the agency has provided and I can't find SDL Analyse or Utilities there? The Statistics only show the word count of the part I have done so far but don't seem to include a function to a complete analysis. Is it maybe possible to import SDL Edit files into Trados?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to double check the word count in SDL Edit?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search