SDL Studio cannot finalize the project
Thread poster: Marinus Vesseur

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:19
English to Dutch
+ ...
Oct 13, 2010

A familiar situation, but the error messages still don't mean much to me.

I must say that I recently updated to SP3, so possibly something got hurt there.

Anyway, trying to finalize a 4000 word project, Studio says it can't find the source file (although it's there) and it has another issue with an XLIFF file that I don't understand. Project file toast again?

SDL Studio,SDL Trados,Trados,SDL Crap,SDL FAIL,bad programming,SDL Studio fail

Would appreciate suggestions.

- Marinus

Direct link Reply with quote

lcstranslations  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:19
Member (2010)
Italian to English
have you resolved this? Jul 3, 2011

I am having the same problem and am at a loss at what to do, is it only on certain types of files or is it doing this since the last update?

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:19
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved.. Jul 3, 2011

..but I can't remember how. I think I updated the main TM, then started another project with the same files in it. If the TM is updated it will fill in all segments whilst pre-translating. If your project file is toast, this is probably the quickest fix.

In the meantime I've switched to MemoQ, so I don't use Studio that much anymore. It was just too slow, too unreliable. If it works, it's great - Autosuggest and the integrated MultiTerm functionality is cool, but most of the time Studio was pure annoyance. Just the other day, trying to translate an Excel file.. but I digress.

HTH

- Marinus

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio cannot finalize the project

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search