Sarah Hassan  Identity Verified
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 17:27
Member (2010)
Arabic to English
+ ...
Oct 15, 2010

Hi All,

I have an excel document to be translated and the client wants it as bilingual file whereby the file has 5 columns and the target language should be inserted next to each.

Does trados make a bilingual target file or do I have to do it manually after I'm done with the translation.

Note: I'm using Trados Studio SP2

Thanks a lot

Sarah

Direct link Reply with quote

Simone Linke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:27
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
manually Oct 15, 2010

If the client demands this excel file with both columns side by side, you'll have to do it manually (Trados would normally replace the source column with your target text).

But with 5 columns it's a matter of 2 minutes. Just save your translation as a separate file and then copy the columns to the source file.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 20:27
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
My lazy way Oct 15, 2010

I did by copy all sources columns into all target columns, opened with Trados Studio 2009. I knew where target segments started and ended (for 5 columns) and translated. To ensure, I logged the segments (of 5 source text columns) to skip their translation. The target file gave me the output (in any language pairs I wanted).

Soonthon Lupkitaro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bilingual Target File

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search