International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

MultiTerm 2009 SP3 crashing in W7 and unfixed issues
Thread poster: Hakan Kiyici

Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 13:20
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Oct 15, 2010

Hi,

I have installed MultiTerm2009 SP3.

My termbase (7.84MB with approximately 1000 terms) keeps crashing when I want to add a new term. I trie F3 shortcut and button on the toolbar, both did not help. It crashes and says Not Responding. I am using Windows 7 Home and Premium.

I have found a workaround by closing the program, reopening, reorganizing and closing. Only then, it starts operating normally.

Any other idea and solution?

On another note problems of
- not displaying a term for second and third occurrences in autocomplete drop down list.
- not displaying target terms with certain puntuation

still persist.

Thank you
Kind regards

Hakan Kiyici

Direct link Reply with quote

Eszes  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:20
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Same here... Oct 16, 2010

I can insert about 5 or 6 new entries and than MultiTerm crashes with an 'unknown error'. This was from the start with SP2.
I run Ms Access in the background. After every crash I close the TB; open it in Access and run the restore function. Then I'm good to go for 5 or 6 new entries. This obviously is not a solution, but a work around that enables me to continue.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 2009 SP3 crashing in W7 and unfixed issues

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search