saving unclean in Trados 2009
Thread poster: Radek Lhotsky

Radek Lhotsky  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:34
Member (2011)
English to Czech
+ ...
Oct 17, 2010

I am having problems saving unclean document in trados 2009. It only saves a clean. Anyone able to advice?

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
You're working in it. Oct 17, 2010

Hi zlin007,

In studio the SDLXLIFF is the bilingual document.

If you wanted a bilingual TTX then you need to start with a TTX, translate this in STudio, and then when you finish either Finalise the Project or just save target as. When you save target as you will be prompted to save as either the TTX or the cleaned file.

If you wanted a bilingual doc/rtf then you are probably better off working with SDL Trados 2007 as Studio doesn't support this legacy format. SDL Trados 2007 is provided in your Customer Centre when you purchase Studio.

Regards

Paul

Radek Lhotsky  Identity Verified
Member (2011)
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
2007 is included in 2009? Oct 17, 2010

thanks for answer

so does that mean that trados 2007 is included in the package? i have currently 2007 and purchased studie as well so these two may be used in the same time? the trados support told me I have to return the licence for 2007 to obtain the 2009...

i do need to work with doc/rtfs and return them as unclean so i do need to solve this issue asap

thanx

radek

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Yes, 2007 is included with 2009 Oct 17, 2010

Hi zlin007,

When you return your 2007 license and upgrade you will recieve two new license keys. One for SDL Trados 2007 and one for SDL Trados Studio 2009.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

saving unclean in Trados 2009

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search