Laura Garcia Mesa  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:27
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 17, 2010

Hello dear all!
I am working with a very small translation project on Tag Editor Trados 2007 for the first time. I was able to open the files and translate them, including tags etc...
I was not able to see preview of the docs. It seams that the agency only provided me with the [filenamexxxx.doc.ttx.] files I am not able to see the source doc.
In the first doc I translated, I was able to verify spelling OK, but when I try to verify it tells me "Unable to locate the original file [file namexxxx.doc] Please copy this file name to the directory above and try again”. And after I close that one this one pops up “(-2146828197): Object variable or with block variable not set”
And after that one “no verification plug-in could verify this document”
Finally, after trying to save as target I get this message again: “Unable to locate the original file [file namexxxx.doc] Please copy this file name to the directory above and try again”.
So far I have both docs saved in the bilingual editing When I try to save from target view to save as target the computer tilts…..

With the second doc I was able despite the error messages to do the verification, what is not working is the spell check!
Any ideas of what could be wrong? Suggestions ? Online resources?
I tried the Help tool but I do not seem to be getting any help there....
My dead line is tomorrow 
Thanks in advance.
Laura

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 17:27
French to German
+ ...
You need the source file Oct 19, 2010

Laura

Ask the agency to give you the source document. You need it, otherwise you will not be able to save the translated target. This is why Tag Editor asks for the "original file". This file needs to be in the path, which is in the header of the TTX file you received.

If you have only the TTX, you may edit it but you cannot convert it back to the source format because this requires the presence of the source file from which the TTX has originally be created.

Walter

Laura Garcia Mesa  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:27
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thks! Oct 19, 2010

Hi Walter,
Thanks so much for your advise. I had already turned it in. I asked my PM and he said that for some reason they were not able to provide the original (which seamed a bit unfair to me). it was my first time with no original...and I gess that; that + my not to broad experience with TagED confused me a bit.
Cheers! and THKS once more.
Laura

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag editor Trados 2007 multiple errors SOS

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search