Thread poster: Louisa Berry

Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:53
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
Oct 18, 2010

I have both SDL Trados Studio 2009 (service pack 3) and SDL Trados 2007. I normally work in Across.

My agency customer provided me with word files to translate and a txt TM. I converted the txt to a tmx TM and imported it to Across and did the translations there so I had clean files and a updated tmx TM.

The customer wants unclean ttx files as well as clean files.

I tried to import the TM into 2007 so I could populate the translation from there and therefore create a billingual ttx file. However when I try to add the tmx I get the error message that the tm is invalid.

I then tried to open the files in Sudio 2009 to populate them from the tm there so I can use the TTX IT application to convert the Studio billingual files to TTX but when I open the resulting files in Tag editor I only get one language.

I'm not sure if I'm missing some step in Studio where I need to confirm I have finished editing the file.

Please help! I'm tearing my hair out

Thanks

Louisa

Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
German to English
Open the files in TagEditor first Oct 18, 2010

Save them in TagEditor. Then open them in Studio. Import the TMX into Studio. Run through TM and save as TTX.

Sounds like a really complicated workflow to me.

Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Figured it out! Oct 18, 2010

Thanks Gillian

I was actually doing it correctly but I didnt see the source text in the ttx files when viewed in Tageditor as I didn't realise what I was looking for!

I know its a rather complicated way of doing things. I always plan to learn to work in Tageditor properly but the next job from this client always seems to come along before I manage it!

Thanks

Louisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing Studio files to unclean ttx files

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search