Thread poster: Melanie Meyer

Melanie Meyer  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:31
Member (2010)
English to German
+ ...
Oct 18, 2010

Hello dear colleagues,

I just bought the newest version of Trados Studio and SDLX and would like to start translating with SDLX. As I am currently trying to set everything up, I keep stumbling over the following two problems:

1. Even though I have the SDLX switchboard open, I am not able to open a document with SDLX using the right mouse click. The option "translate with SDLX" does not even appear on the dropdown menu. It does give me the option "open with..." and then the SDLX symbol appears on the next dropdown. However, when I click on that, I'm taken right back to the switchboard and nowhere else from there (the screen sort of freezes at that point).

2. I cannot import a TM in ttx format into SDLX. I follow all the steps (import delimited file, etc.) from the swithboard (maintenance tab) and it only comes up with some hieroglyphics at the end.

Any help on these issues would be highly appreciated!

Thank you very much,
Melanie

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

cannot open documents with SDLX using right-click

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search