Is there a Quick Reference Sheet for Keyboard Shortcuts in SDL Studio SP2?
Thread poster: Chris Lovelace
Chris Lovelace
Chris Lovelace  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 10:13
Russian to English
+ ...
Oct 19, 2010

I am trying to make the adjustment from using Wordfast (a very easy, intuitive CAT tool), to SDL Studio 2009, SP2.

I have the hang of the basic commands, but I was wondering if there is an easy Quick Reference List I can print off or have on a dual screen until I memorize the commands?

Also, is it possible to customize these shortcuts? If I could set them to the same shortcuts that Wordfast uses, that would be even better (albeit more time consuming).

Th
... See more
I am trying to make the adjustment from using Wordfast (a very easy, intuitive CAT tool), to SDL Studio 2009, SP2.

I have the hang of the basic commands, but I was wondering if there is an easy Quick Reference List I can print off or have on a dual screen until I memorize the commands?

Also, is it possible to customize these shortcuts? If I could set them to the same shortcuts that Wordfast uses, that would be even better (albeit more time consuming).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sincerely,

Chris
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:13
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
With SP3 by default Oct 19, 2010

For SP2 you need this plug-in: http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2530&p=1

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:13
English
Using the shortcuts Oct 19, 2010

Chris Lovelace wrote:
Thanks in advance for any help.
Sincerely,
Chris

Hi Chris,

As Jerzy noted, for SP2 you need to download the plugin, but in SP3 it's builtin. The shortcuts are customisable through Tools-Options-Keyboard Shortcuts. You can also open Excel, then copy and paste the contents of the shortcuts when viewed through the plugin straight into the worksheet and they seem to fill it quite nicely. This makes it easier to manipulate them in a way you find simple as well as finding the ones you want.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a Quick Reference Sheet for Keyboard Shortcuts in SDL Studio SP2?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »