Real-time preview not working in Studio SP3 (Powerpoint 2010)
Thread poster: Aude Sylvain
Aude Sylvain  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:56
English to French
+ ...
Oct 19, 2010

Hello,

I work with MS Office 2010-Windows 7.

While installing Studio SP3 (and MS' additional software for interoperability http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/182338-real_time_preview_not_working_in_studio_sp3_word_2010.html#1599565) allowed me to use the real-time preview function for Word documents, I just discovered it doesn't work for Powerpoint documents.

For these I would have a similar error message as the one I used to used to have for Word documents with Studio SP2:
The PowerPoint document cannot be previewed, please see the error details for more information.
Please note you will need PowerPoint 2003 or 2007 installed to preview .ppt files and PowerPoint 2007 installed to preview .pptx files.

It seems quite weird that a Studio feature works with only some of the applications among Office 2010 (namely Word and not Powerpoint - didn't try with Excel yet). Hopefully I am doing something wrong, could anyone help?

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
There are two types of preview Oct 19, 2010

Aude

Just to clarify the situation. Studio has two (actually even 3) types of preview:

a) The realtime preview (grey tab on the right of the screen), which works only for Word, HTML and Powerpoint (since SP2)
b) The normal preview (File - View in), which works also for all other Office formats such as Excel.

In both cases you obviously need to have the corresponding software installed on your PC in order to be able to preview a document.

If the real-time PPT preview does not work in your upgraded Studio SP3, you might need to overwrite the filetype folder (c:\Users\\Documents\SDL Trados Studio\) with the contents of c:\Program Files\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio1\File Types\.

Walter

Aude Sylvain  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Changes done - but did not work :( Oct 19, 2010

b) The normal preview (File - View in), which works also for all other Office formats such as Excel.

Thanks Walter, this feature works properly on my PC.

In both cases you obviously need to have the corresponding software installed on your PC in order to be able to preview a document.

Yes I do have them (full edition Office 2010.

If the real-time PPT preview does not work in your upgraded Studio SP3, you might need to overwrite the filetype folder (c:\Users\\Documents\SDL Trados Studio\) with the contents of c:\Program Files\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio1\File Types\.
Walter

Thank you, I just tried that, but it didn't work. The same error message keeps popping up, pretending that I need PPT 2007 to be installed

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Real-time preview not working in Studio SP3 (Powerpoint 2010)

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search