Thread poster: Jeremy Rosenberg
Jeremy Rosenberg
Jeremy Rosenberg  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:08
Japanese to English
Oct 19, 2010

Hi

I have been asked by a potential client whether I'd mind using their terminology - I'm fine with that. However, they use a CAT software called MultiTrans, provided by MultiCorpora a Canadian company. It uses termbases much like Multiterm but I was wondering whether I would be able to open these termbases in Multiterm. Does anyone know whether I would?

Much obliged
Jeremy

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 00:08
French to German
+ ...
One way could be TBX Oct 19, 2010

I am quite sure you will not be able to open Multiterm TermBase files directly in SDL Trados Multiterm, but you could export the Termbase to TBX format and import his into Multiterm. I am not sure if the current release of TermBase supports TBX export, but I suggest you check this with your client, who knows the Multitrans product better than you and me.

Walter

Jeremy Rosenberg
Jeremy Rosenberg  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:08
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
good advice Oct 19, 2010

Walter

Thank you very much - I will certainly ask what you propose.

Kind regards
Jeremy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm: compatability with Multitrans

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »