Old Trados Translation Memory Files
Thread poster: Soluna
Soluna
Soluna
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:51
English to German
Oct 19, 2010

After many years of working happily with good old Trados 7 I caved in and ordered SDL Studio 2009 Freelance. There is no upgrade available so I bought the full version.
For some reason I assumed that I would be able to use the TM files I created in Trados 7 in Studio 2009 but it just occurred to me that this may not be possible? After all those years I have a large amount of very useful TM and I don't want to lose them.

Does anyone have any idea whether I can reuse them or ho
... See more
After many years of working happily with good old Trados 7 I caved in and ordered SDL Studio 2009 Freelance. There is no upgrade available so I bought the full version.
For some reason I assumed that I would be able to use the TM files I created in Trados 7 in Studio 2009 but it just occurred to me that this may not be possible? After all those years I have a large amount of very useful TM and I don't want to lose them.

Does anyone have any idea whether I can reuse them or how I can get them into the new software? I'd be very grateful for any tips or accounts of experiences!
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:51
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Upgrade legacy Trados to SDL Trados 2007 Suite Oct 19, 2010

which is part of the Studio package and has been delivered to you.
Then start the Workbench, open the TMs from your old Trados and reorganize them.
Close Workbench, start Studio.
In menu "Tools" you will find an option called "Upgrade Translation Memorys".
Use it to upgrade your legacy TMs.

Soluna
Soluna
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:51
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thankyou! Oct 19, 2010

Phew, so it's possible, I'll try this asap!
Thanks for the quick reply!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Old Trados Translation Memory Files

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »