Old Trados Translation Memory Files
Thread poster: Soluna

Soluna
English to German
Oct 19, 2010

After many years of working happily with good old Trados 7 I caved in and ordered SDL Studio 2009 Freelance. There is no upgrade available so I bought the full version.
For some reason I assumed that I would be able to use the TM files I created in Trados 7 in Studio 2009 but it just occurred to me that this may not be possible? After all those years I have a large amount of very useful TM and I don't want to lose them.

Does anyone have any idea whether I can reuse them or how I can get them into the new software? I'd be very grateful for any tips or accounts of experiences!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:00
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Upgrade legacy Trados to SDL Trados 2007 Suite Oct 19, 2010

which is part of the Studio package and has been delivered to you.
Then start the Workbench, open the TMs from your old Trados and reorganize them.
Close Workbench, start Studio.
In menu "Tools" you will find an option called "Upgrade Translation Memorys".
Use it to upgrade your legacy TMs.

Soluna
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thankyou! Oct 19, 2010

Phew, so it's possible, I'll try this asap!
Thanks for the quick reply!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Old Trados Translation Memory Files

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search