Thread poster: Vipec

Vipec  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:34
German to Italian
+ ...
Oct 20, 2010

Hallo everybody,

I've to export all the MultiTerm 2009 termbase's entries in TBX or tmx. file extension for the exchange with another CAT-Tool (in this case Across). How does it work it?

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Multiterm has various export options ... Oct 21, 2010

... but not to TMX format, as this is an exchange format for translation memories (TMs) and not for termbases (TMs and termbases are two different things!).

Assuming that Across can import the TBX format, you can export the content of your Multiterm termbases in TBX format as follows:
in Multiterm, go to the 'Catalog' view, click on the 'Export' level of the corresponding termbase. This will display a list of export functions. Select 'TBX (LISA 2002)', right-click and select 'Process'. This starts a wizard, which will ask you the relevant questions to export your file (intuitive).

Walter

Vipec  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
For Across it was "default import definition" Oct 21, 2010

Walter Blaser wrote:

... but not to TMX format, as this is an exchange format for translation memories (TMs) and not for termbases (TMs and termbases are two different things!).

Assuming that Across can import the TBX format, you can export the content of your Multiterm termbases in TBX format as follows:
in Multiterm, go to the 'Catalog' view, click on the 'Export' level of the corresponding termbase. This will display a list of export functions. Select 'TBX (LISA 2002)', right-click and select 'Process'. This starts a wizard, which will ask you the relevant questions to export your file (intuitive).

Walter

Hi Walter!
Thank you again.
I got in confusion: I meant .xml and not .tmx! I don't why I read it wrong
I was able to to the export and to reimport it in Across.
For other users who want to make the same: select in the menu "default export definition" with the richt-click ans select "Process".
It works only in this way: I tried all the other export options and they aren't accepted by Across.

Thank you again Walter
Vittorio

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Good to know it worked .. Oct 21, 2010

... but how did you import the definition (structure of the entry)?

Did you need to define a new termbase in Across and map the fields accordingly?

Walter

Vipec  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
By the export in Trados you can select the target or the languages Oct 21, 2010

Walter Blaser wrote:

... but how did you import the definition (structure of the entry)?

Did you need to define a new termbase in Across and map the fields accordingly?

Walter

By the export you can select the target or the languages, if you want. Otherwise, as I did, just import it without ordering it according to index but just to entries number.
In Across you can just import with user interaction or without it so that all the doubtful units will be saved in another TBX file.
In Across you can even add files with additional properties before the import but I don't know what it meant with it.
Across in quite simpler as Trados.....

Cheers
Vittorio

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export from all entries from a MultiTerm 2009 termbase

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search