Studio error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Thread poster: StandaZizka

StandaZizka  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:51
English to Czech
+ ...
Oct 21, 2010

Hello everybody,

I know the above mentioned error has been discussed in this forum, though I am not trying to clean up my project file or preview it, I simply translate and when I try to CONFIRM my TU, Studio simply rejects to save unit in TM, with this error popping up. From that time on, I cannot confirm any TUs, I can simply carry on translating and saving the whole project/document, though I cannot CONFIRM any units and save them into TM. All that helps is Studio re-start, which must be done every 5 minutes or so....

I have also observed that the error comes, when I, by mistake, make additional space before or after tag or delete such space before / after my tag... the document I translate has been OCR'ed, therefore contains quite few tags, but it's managable.

Does anybody can help and advise what I do wrong - or rather how can it be avoided? Somehow I feel this might be dealt with via Settings - e.g. to tell Studio to "ignore" the deleted space... I would discover such mistake and correct in a cleaned MS Word file during spell-check.

Many thanks,
Stan

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
This error message can pop up in dozens of different situations .. Oct 21, 2010

which means that you cannot conclude that someone seeing this same error message has the same problem than you have.

The problem you describe sounds familiar to me but dates long time back, to a very early release of Studio, therefore my first question is: which Service Pack of Studio are you using?

If you have something older than SP2, I suggest you upgrade to the latest version and check if the problem subsists.

Walter

StandaZizka  Identity Verified
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SP3 did not help Oct 26, 2010

I have installed SP3 and the problem prevails... It is really related to spaces before and after tags... I welcome the notification messages about such additional or missing space, which appear on the side, but why does the whole system crash? grr.... anyway, if somebody can help, let me know...
thanks,
Stan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search